Regional Coordinators work with the County, City, Event, and other Coordinators to train, promote and maximize efforts associated with the NDP in their region. Their position helps the State Coordinator recruit in the region and, gives further support in very large states, by maintaining relations with the Coordinators in their region. Successful Regional Coordinators develop strong personal relationships with others in their region and with the State Coordinator. In New York, there are eight Regions with six or more Counties in each Region.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate regional efforts, promotions and training:
- Identify and address the training requirements of Coordinators.
- Identify all the regional events and communicate to the State Coordinator.
- Understand the promotional strategies at the local level and coordinate efforts for maximum exposure.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining a current list of Coordinators across the region.
- Recruit and equip coordinators for the region.
- Provide the first line of support for planning and logistical issues:
- Ensure that national receives applications for local Coordinators.
- Give guidance to the local observance regarding programming and logistical requirements.
- Help local Coordinators solve problems that arise, and seek the advice of the State Coordinator when necessary.
- Inform the State Coordinator about issues that need to be addressed from the national level.
- Develop personal relationships with Coordinators in the region and the State Coordinator:
- Establish personal contact with the Coordinators in the region through phone, newsletter, and email.
- Create a prayer list of the needs for each Coordinator and pray for their unique personal and ministry needs.